Welcome to the Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Centers
The Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Centers offers an array of educational services to meet the needs of working professionals in the Hampton Roads region of the Commonwealth. Conveniently located in Newport News and Virginia Beach, we offer:
- Professional Development in the form of a variety of workshops and customized certificate programs to serve the needs of the organizations in the private sector as well as those of our state and local governments.
- Graduate Programs in Education, Engineering, Information Technology, Instructional Technology and Career and Technical Education and Licensure
- Conference Planning and Management Services
- Exam Proctoring
- Join us for a no cost Lunch & Learn event entitled Succession Planning: What's Next on Thursday, November 9, 2017 from 12-1pm. From resignations to retirements, businesses and corporations must be deliberate about succession planning. Change happens fast. The first decade out of college, Generation X changed jobs an average of two times. Millennials change jobs an average of four times, and today's graduates do not stop there, they even change industries. In this Lunch & Learn, participants will engage in learning strategies that can be implemented to create an organization that can withstand employee change and remain strong. Please bring your lunch to enjoy during the presentation. Dessert is provided by us. The event is free but seating is limited so please RSVP to Lynda King at email@example.com by Monday, November 6, 2017.
- Women in Entrepreneurship Second Annual Conference: A World of Opportunity has been scheduled for Thursday, April 26, 2018. With financial support from Virginia Tech Outreach and International Affairs, and sponsored the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center and the Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Center, Newport News this one-day inspiring and empowering conference will connect like-minded women entrepreneurs or aspiring women entrepreneurs to build business momentum and expand networks. Key local and national women innovators and Virginia Tech Faculty will present a myriad of concurrent conference sessions. Session topics may include emotional intelligence for women (building resilience), owning your accomplishments, alliance building near and far, articulating a new global purpose, ideation, and many more. In addition, there will be a keynote speaker, an incredible panel, and opportunities for table talks on relevant issues during lunch. Our book talk was such a success last year that the Women’s Center at Virginia Tech has graciously agreed to sponsor that portion of our conference again. Participants will receive a copy of our featured book for the global book talk, continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon break snack. Light networking session will follow the close of the conference.
If you have questions or would like registration information when it becomes available, please contact Lynda King (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 757.594.7433
Hampton Roads Centers News
- November 9, 2017, 12-1pm: Succession Planning Lunch & Learn. Free Event. RSVP to Lynda King by November 6, 2017.
- New programs are available: Advanced Current Topics and Trends for Engineers, Best Practices in Supply Chain Management and Diversity Training; Moving from Tolerance to Inclusion. Please contact Lesa Hanlin for more information about these new programs!
- February 15, 2018, 12-1pm: The Forest or the Trees Lunch & Learn. Free Event. RSVP to Lynda King by February 12, 2018.