The Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Centers offer a series of human development workshops designed to enhance self and social awareness, interpersonal relationship and optimize performance in the workplace. The centers successfully partner with the public and private sectors to enhance employee learning, discovery and engagement. Each course can be customized to effectively meet your organizations needs.
Professional Development Workshops
- The Art of Communication
- Best Practices in Supply Chain Management
- Corporate Culture
- Creative & Critical Thinking
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Emotional Intelligence
- Generations in the Workplace
- Introduction to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI)
- Managing Conflict
- Managing Through Change & Transition
- Strategic Management
- Succession Planning
- Teambuilding with the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI)
- Train the Trainer for Subject Matters Experts (SME)
Multi-Day Intensive Programs
Technical Training & Prep Courses
K-12 Education Professional Development
Whether it's designing and delivering a leadership development course for your management team or convening a meeting between your leadership team and our nationally ranked research faculty, let the Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Center be the premier provider of your continuing education resources.
For more information on these workshops or how Virginia Tech can customize others for your organization, please contact Lesa Hanlin, Director of the Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Centers and the Richmond Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or Teressa Trotta, Regional Outreach Program Manager, VT Newport News Center at email@example.com.
For more information on these workshops or how Virginia Tech can customize others for your organization, please contact Lesa Hanlin, Director of the VT Richmond and Hampton Roads Centers or Teressa Trotta, Regional Outreach Program Manager.
Lesa Hanlin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Teressa Trotta, email@example.com
Hampton Roads Centers News
- Project Management Certification Course: Prepare for PMP Certification Exam. Tuesdays, February 6 - May 1, 2018 from 5:30-9:30pm. Cost $1595. Register here.
- February 15, 2018, 12-1pm: The Forest or the Trees Lunch & Learn. Free Event. RSVP to Lynda King by February 12, 2018.
- April 26, 2018: Women in Entrepreneurship 2nd Annual Conference A World of Opportunity,Virginia Tech Newport News Center, 600 Thimble Shoals Blvd, Newport News, VA 23606. One day conference with a myriad of concurrent sessions, lunch and a book talk. Register at http://www.cpe.vt.edu/wie/. Contact Teressa Trotta at 757-594-7433 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- New programs are available: Advanced Current Topics and Trends for Engineers, Best Practices in Supply Chain Management and Diversity Training; Moving from Tolerance to Inclusion. Please contact Lesa Hanlin for more information about these new programs!