The Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Centers offer a series of human development workshops designed to enhance self and social awareness, interpersonal relationship and optimize performance in the workplace. The centers successfully partner with the public and private sectors to enhance employee learning, discovery and engagement. Each course can be customized to effectively meet your organizations needs.
Professional Development Workshops
- The Art of Communication
- Best Practices in Supply Chain Management
- Corporate Culture
- Creative & Critical Thinking
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Emotional Intelligence
- Generations in the Workplace
- Introduction to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI)
- Managing Conflict
- Managing Through Change & Transition
- Strategic Management
- Succession Planning
- Teambuilding with the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI)
- Train the Trainer for Subject Matters Experts (SME)
Multi-Day Intensive Programs
Technical Training & Prep Courses
K-12 Education Professional Development
Whether it's designing and delivering a leadership development course for your management team or convening a meeting between your leadership team and our nationally ranked research faculty, let the Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Center be the premier provider of your continuing education resources.
For more information on these workshops or how Virginia Tech can customize others for your organization, please contact Teressa Trotta, Regional Outreach Program Manager, VT Newport News Center at email@example.com.
Hampton Roads Centers News
- Passport to Retirement Educational Course, VT Newport News Center, Mondays April 16 & 23 or Wednesdays, April 18 & 25, 6p-9p, Tuition fee of $69 includes one workbook and you may bring your spouse or a guest at no additional cost. For more information, click here. To register online visit www.cpe.vt.edu/retire.
- Lunch & Learn, VT Newport News Center, Thursday, April 19, 2018 12-1; Springing Back into Shape: How to Embrace Challenges and Build Resilience. The event is free, bring your own lunch and we provide dessert. Please RSVP to Lynda King at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 26, 2018: Women in Entrepreneurship 2nd Annual Conference A World of Opportunity,Virginia Tech Newport News Center, 600 Thimble Shoals Blvd, Newport News, VA 23606. One day conference with a myriad of concurrent sessions, lunch and a book talk. Register at http://www.cpe.vt.edu/wie/. Contact Teressa Trotta at 757-594-7433 or email@example.com for more information.
- New programs are available: Advanced Current Topics and Trends for Engineers, Best Practices in Supply Chain Management and Diversity Training; Moving from Tolerance to Inclusion. Please contact Kim Harrison for more information about these new programs!